Saturday, July 9, 2016

The End of the Blog

As the title suggests, this will be my last post on this blog. But before you panic, it's not because I'm giving up on my tiny dreams or because I don't feel like talking about them online anymore.

Here's what's going on: as part of my journey toward a tiny life, I have made friends with several other tiny house people in my area. One of those friends is Bryan, and he suggested that we team up on a new website! Isn't that exciting?

It's still a bit of a work in progress, but you can see the home page here:


Bryan and I (and hopefully another contributor) will be updating this site on a regular basis, and this is where I'll post about moving into my house and my new tiny life.

I will also continue to update my personal blog: girlwithalltheanswers.blogspot.com, so you can definitely find me there too.

I know this all probably seems a little confusing, but honestly I was having a hard time figuring out why I had two blogs and where to draw the line between them. Though this might seem like it's only adding to the confusion, I actually think that it's a good step forward in simplifying my online life (which has become a bit of a burden lately).

In case you're interested in reading more from me today, I posted my first article on that site this morning. It's about money, so if you've been wondering how much my house is going to cost and where I came up with that cash, you can find out here:


In other news, I found out earlier this week that my house won't be done until the end of August, rather than the middle of August, like I'd thought. I'll admit, I was a little bit sad about revising my countdown, but to be honest, the news came as a relief. I'd been feeling panicky about all the things I still need to get done before I can move in, and having two extra weeks now seems like a major blessing.

I want to enjoy the move-in process and have time to make sure my house is exactly right. Now I can do both of those things!

Anyway, thanks for being interested in my tiny house journey and for reading this blog! I'm not planning to take it down, so you can still come back and read the entries that are on here if you want to. But I hope you'll also stick with me in this new website adventure. I'm really excited about the possibilities it opens up and I love the idea of collaborating with other tiny house people.

See you there!

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment